The treepies comprise four related genera - specifically the Dendrocitta, Crypsirina, Temnurus and Platysmurus.
These long-tailed perching birds are mostly found high up in the canopy and rarely come to the ground to feed.
- Genus Dendrocitta
- Grey Treepie, Dendrocitta formosae
- Rufous Treepie, Dendrocitta vagabunda
- Black-faced Treepie, or Collared Treepie, Dendrocitta frontalis
- Sumatran Treepie, Dendrocitta occipitalis
- Bornean Treepie, Dendrocitta cinerascens
- White-bellied Treepie, Dendrocitta leucogastra
- Andaman Treepie, Dendrocitta bayleyi
- Genus Crypsirina
- Black Racket-tailed Treepie, Crypsirina temia (formerly Dendrocitta)
- Hooded Treepie, Crypsirina cucullata
- Genus Temnurus
- Ratchet-tailed Treepie, Temnurus temnurus
- Genus Platysmurus
- Black Magpie Platysmurus leucopterus
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
The Avianweb strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!