The bird genus Tigrisoma - more commonly referred to as "Tiger Herons" contains the following species:
- Bare-throated Tiger Heron, Tigrisoma mexicanum - Range: Mexico south to northwestern Colombia
- Fasciated Tiger Heron, Tigrisoma fasciatum
- Tigrisoma fasciatum fasciatum - Range: Southeastern Brazil to northeastern Argentina
- Tigrisoma fasciatum pallescens - Range: Northwestern Argentina
- Tigrisoma fasciatum salmoni - Range: Costa Rica to Venezuela and northern Bolivia
- Rufescent Tiger Heron, Tigrisoma lineatumis
- Tigrisoma lineatum lineatum - Range: Southeastern Mexico south to Amazonian Brazil and northern Argentina
- Tigrisoma lineatum marmoratum - Range: Central Bolivia to eastern Brazil and northeastern Argentina
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
The Avianweb strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!