Sylph Hummingbirds (genus: Aglaiocercus) are long-tailed, South American hummingbirds with mostly iridescent green plumages and glossy blue and purple details.
It contains the following species:
- Long-tailed Sylph, Aglaiocercus kingi
- Range: Venezuela south to Bolivia
- Violet-tailed Sylph, Aglaiocercus coelestis
- Range: Colombia and Ecuador
- Venezuelan Sylph, Aglaiocercus berlepschi
- Range: Coastal mountain ranges of northeast Venezuela.
Species Research by Sibylle Johnson
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.