Sylph Hummingbirds (genus: Aglaiocercus) are long-tailed, South American hummingbirds with mostly iridescent green plumages and glossy blue and purple details.
It contains the following species:
- Long-tailed Sylph, Aglaiocercus kingi
- Range: Venezuela south to Bolivia
- Violet-tailed Sylph, Aglaiocercus coelestis
- Range: Colombia and Ecuador
- Venezuelan Sylph, Aglaiocercus berlepschi
- Range: Coastal mountain ranges of northeast Venezuela.
Species Research by Sibylle Johnson
For updates please follow BeautyOfBirds on Google+ (google.com/+Avianweb)
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
The Avianweb strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!