The Solitaires are found in the Americas and Hawaii.
These small birds mostly feed on insects.
- Townsend's Solitaire, Myadestes townsendi
- Brown-backed Solitaire, Myadestes occidentalis
- Cuban Solitaire, Myadestes elisabeth
- Pines Solitaire, Myadestes elisabeth retrusus - probably extinct (late 1930s, or 1970s?)
- Rufous-throated Solitaire, Myadestes genibarbis
- Black-faced Solitaire, Myadestes melanops
- Varied Solitaire, Myadestes coloratus
- Slate-colored Solitaire, Myadestes unicolor
- Andean Solitaire, Myadestes ralloides
- Kāma'o, Myadestes myadestinus - extinct (1990s)
- Oloma'o, Myadestes lanaiensis - probably extinct (1980s?)'
- Ōma'o, Myadestes obscurus
- Puaiohi, Myadestes palmeri'
- Āmaui, Myadestes woahensis - extinct (mid-19th century)
- Rufous-brown Solitaire, Cichlopsis leucogenys
- White-eared Solitaire, Entomodestes leucotis
- Black Solitaire, Entomodestes coracinus
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
The Avianweb strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!