The Genus Contopus consists of small to medium-sized insect-eating birds that are are commonly referred to as peewees, from the call of one of the more common members. They have a mostly greyish plumage with wing bars.
- Olive-sided Flycatcher, Contopus cooperi
- Greater Pewee, Contopus pertinax
- Dark Pewee, Contopus lugubris
- Smoke-colored Pewee, Contopus fumigatus
- Ochraceous Pewee, Contopus ochraceus
- Western Wood-Pewee, Contopus sordidulus
- Eastern Wood-Pewee, Contopus virens
- Tropical Pewee, or Ash-colored Pewee, Contopus cinereus
- Blackish Pewee, Contopus nigrescens
- Cuban Pewee, Contopus caribaeus
- Jamican Pewee, Contopus pallidus
- Hispaniolan Pewee, Contopus hispaniolensis
- Lesser Antillean Pewee, Contopus latirostris
- White-throated Pewee, Contopus albogularis
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
The Avianweb strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!