The liocichlas occur naturally found in Asia from India to China.
- Grey-faced Liocichla, also known as the Omei Shan or Emei Shan Liocichla, Liocichla omeiensis:
- It is closely related to the Bugun Liocichla.Endemic to mountain ranges in Southern Sichuan, China, where it inhabits the undergrowth of semi-tropical rain forests. This altitudinal migrant spends the summer months above 1000 m and moving below 600m in the winter.The plumage is olive-grey except for the red wing patches. The plumage on the face is grey with a slight red ring on each side of the face.
- Steere's Liocichla, Liocichla steerii:
- Found in China and Taiwan.
- Red-faced Liocichla, Liocichla phoenicea:
- Found in Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam, where it inhabits subtropical or tropical moist montanes.
- Bugun Liocichla, Liocichla bugunorum
- Found only on the Eaglenest Wildlife Sanctuary in Arunchal Pradesh, India.
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
BeautyOfBirds strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!