Five hummingbird species are known to occur on the island of Jamaica
- Red-billed Streamertail Trochilus polytmus - endemic
- Black-billed Streamertail Trochilus scitulus - endemic
- Jamaican Mango Anthracothorax mango - endemic
- Vervain Hummingbird Mellisuga minima - endemic
- Ruby-throated Hummingbird Archilochus colubris - accidental vagrant - Occurs naturally in eastern U.S. and southern Canada, winters in Mexico and Central America
- Leucistic Hummingbird (partial albino) photographed in 2012 by Ingimar Ragnarsson; mostly white, short tail with darker undertail feathers, black bill and eyes.
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
BeautyOfBirds strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!