The genus Quiscalus contains six of the ten species of grackle that are native to North and South America. They are known for being capable of imitating human speech, even better than parrots.
The six species are:
- Boat-tailed Grackle, Quiscalus major
- Common Grackle, Quiscalus quiscula
- Great-tailed Grackle, Quiscalus mexicanus
- Nicaraguan Grackle, Quiscalus nicaraguensis
- Greater Antillean Grackle, Quiscalus niger
- Carib Grackle, Quiscalus lugubris
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.