Breeding Discussions

Java dove leg correction

Submitted by Mr Majik on Sun, 07/17/2016 - 13:50
Hi All i'm new her. i raise doves for my shows and other magicians. i have just noticed one of my fledglings has a lame leg. he's been sat in a shaded corner of the aviary as with the other fledglings for a few days and i thought nothing more of it. yesterday the others had futtered up to perches and were flapping around happily annoying the other birds. except one. so i went to have a look. his right leg is twisted but at an angle that i cant seem to use the "handcuff" method for. Any advice?

Hyalina???

Submitted by clydedairedale on Sun, 03/08/2015 - 16:35

Dear forum participants,

My young daughter has recently taken a great interest in Macaws and will be giving a presentation on the subject at school next week. She has a very specific question: Does a hybrid Hyacinth/Catalina Macaw exist? We have found no trace of one online, but she pleaded with me to contact experts to see if anyone had ever encountered such a bird. Can anyone help me out?

Many thanks for reading!

Cockatiel domestic abuse

Submitted by evan.henley on Sat, 03/07/2015 - 21:04

Hi, my cockatiels have recently started mating and nesting. They are both young, Pesses the female took a while to warm up to Rusty. They fuss a little now and then but a couple of days ago they were chasing eachother around the cage and Rusty now has a hole in his beak. Pesses seems to have been mad at the lack of honey treats in the cage because she got nicer when i put one in. Is this normal, anything i can do?

Breeding Eclectus

Submitted by Feathered Friends on Thu, 09/25/2014 - 15:16

I bought a pair of Eclectus a couple of weeks ago from a breeder. This is a new pair that was introduced Spring 2014.  The female is 6 and has hatched and raised babies with her previous mate ( who had an accident with the previous ownders dog and died)  and the new male is 7 and is unproven. They had a clutch of clear eggs together before I bought them. I've noticed the male mating with his perch recently, is there any way to stop him from mating with the perch? I would love to raise Eclectus but I don't think him mating with the perch is going to produce beautiful babies.