Hanging Parrots General Info and Species Listing ... Photos of the Various Hanging Parrot Species for Identification
The bird genus Colasisi includes two hanging-parrots species that occur naturally in the Philippines, namely:
- Philippine Hanging-Parrot, (Loriculus philippensis)
- Camiguin Hanging-Parrot (Loriculus camiguinensis)
Distribution / Range
Both species are endemic to the Philippines, the latter found only on the island of Camiguin.
They inhabit subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests and moist montanes.
Care and Feeding:
Please refer to the following websites for information:
- Sources for Purchasing or Adopting your Companion or Aviary Birds
- Optimal nutrition to keep your bird healthy
- Housing your bird / Fun and Safe Toys
- Caring for your companion bird
Species Research by Sibylle Johnson
For updates please follow BeautyOfBirds on Google+ (google.com/+Avianweb)
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
BeautyOfBirds strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!