Chrysococcyx is a genus of cuckoo in the Cuculidae family. It contains the following species:
- Horsfield's Bronze-cuckoo (Chrysococcyx basalis)
- Pied Bronze-cuckoo (Chrysococcyx crassirostris)
- African Emerald Cuckoo (Chrysococcyx cupreus)
- Yellow-throated Cuckoo (Chrysococcyx flavigularis): Found in Cameroon, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ivory Coast, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Togo and Uganda.
- Klaas's Cuckoo (Chrysococcyx klaas) : Found in Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ivory Coast, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Shining Bronze-cuckoo (Chrysococcyx lucidus)
- Asian Emerald Cuckoo (Chrysococcyx maculatus)
- White-eared Bronze-cuckoo (Chrysococcyx meyeri) : Found in Indonesia and Papua New Guinea.
- Little Bronze-cuckoo (Chrysococcyx minutillus)
- Black-eared Cuckoo (Chrysococcyx osculans)
- Rufous-throated Bronze-cuckoo (Chrysococcyx ruficollis): Found in Indonesia and Papua New Guinea
- Gould's Bronze-cuckoo (Chrysococcyx russatus): Found in Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, and the Philippines
- Violet Cuckoo (Chrysococcyx xanthorhynchus): Found in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Dideric Cuckoo (Chrysococcyx caprius)
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
BeautyOfBirds strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!