The Brown Warblers (Sylvia lugens) - also known as Brown Parisomas, Brown Sylvias, Brown Tit Flycatchers or Brown Tit Warblers - are typical warblers found in Africa.
Subspecies and Ranges:
- Sylvia lugens lugens (Rüppell, 1840) - Nominate Form
- Range: Occur in the Ethiopian Highlands, except for the Bale Mountains, where they are replaced by ssp. griseiventris below).
- Sylvia lugens griseiventris (Érard, 1978)
- Range: Bale Mountains - also known as Urgoma Mountains - in the Oromia Region of southeast Ethiopia.
- Kenya Brown Warbler (Sylvia lugens jacksoni - Sharpe, 1899)
- Range: Southern Sudan and Uganda (in the Didinga and Imatong mountain ranges), Kenya, northern Tanzania, southeastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (CDR) in the Marungu Highlands and the Republic of Malawi.
- Sylvia lugens prigoginei (Schouteden, 1952)
- Range: Eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) - northwest of the Tanganyika Lake and the Itombwe Highlands.
- Sylvia lugens clara (Meise, 1934)
- Range: Found in the Matengo Highlands in the western part of the mountainous area of Mbinga District, Ruvuma Region in southern Tanzania.
Alternate (Global) Names
Chinese: 褐林莺 ... Czech: Palašník / pěnice hnědá ... Danish: Brunsanger ... Dutch: Bruine Meeszanger ... Finnish: Ruskotiaiskerttu ... French: Fauvette brunâtre, Parisome brune ... German: Braungrasmücke, Braunmeisensänger ... Italian: Parisoma bruno, Silvia bruna ... Japanese: Chairokarahitaki, chairokaramushikui ... Norwegian: Sørgesanger ... Polish: Pokrzewica brazowa ... Russian: Бурая синичья славка ... Slovak: Penica hnedochrbtá ... Spanish: Curruca Parda ... Swedish: Brun parisoma
Species Research by Sibylle Johnson
For updates please follow BeautyOfBirds on Google+ (google.com/+Avianweb)
High Quality Species Photos, Videos and/or Articles Contributions are welcome! Upload articles and images.
Please Note: The images on this page are the sole property of the photographers (unless marked as Public Domain). Please contact the photographers directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
BeautyOfBirds strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!