Available over our Ebay Store (for shipment internationally and within the US
- This bird harness eliminates many of the problems associated with other harnesses as it is far easier to put on; the leash detaches from the harness, so training a pet will be easier (no tripping over the leash); detaching the leash indoors eliminates the need of frequently having to put the harness on or take it off throughout the day.
Parts of this harness/leash can be purchased separately - so that there is no need to replace the entire product if only a part of it is damaged. Plus, you can mix and match colors over time, using say a Red Neck Collar with a Black Abdomen Belt - giving you the option to personalize this item as you wish.
- The strong nylon webbing is chew resistant and is designed to conform to a bird's physique. The harness underwent 18 months of testing on numerous parrots of all sizes. Parrots wore our test harnesses for an entire year (indoors and outside, day and night) without any signs of skin irritation or feather damage.
- Another advantage over other bird harnesses is the neck collar, which is u-shaped in the front, thus gently capping a bird's round crop rather than forming a tight cross or "V" over it, which can put uncomfortable pressure on a bird's delicate crop area and may prompt birds to chew on the webbing.
SAFETY FIRST: Mechanically inclined birds are known for their ability to open just about any quick link on the market. If in doubt, test the harness & leash indoors first. In cases where there is a chance that a pet may open a quick link, we recommend following the manufacturer's easy-to-follow instructions that are included in each package.
PLEASE NOTE: The hardware that comes with the harness may differ from that of the photo (different by size). Not all birds can be trained to wear a bird harness and not all bird owners are equipped to train birds. With most birds, it will require time and patience and a slow approach. If you have never trained a bird on the harness, please let us know and we will send you a link to a training video. In cases where a bird owner is at risk of being bitten and/or pet birds are known to dislike handling, training on a bird harness may not make sense until mutual trust has been established and a pet is comfortable with being touched and manhandled.
- X-SMALL: Suitable for birds weighing 3.5 oz (~100 grams) or less. Specially designed for small birds, such as Lovebirds, Parakeets, Budgies, Cockatiels, etc
- SMALL CONURE: Specially adapted for the members of the Pyrrhura conure family - the smallest Conure species, which includes Green-cheek Conures, Maroon-bellied Conures, Painted Conures, Black-capped Conures, Pearly Conures, Souance Conures, White-eared Conures, Rose-fronted Conures, Crimson-bellied Conures, Hoffman's Conures
- SMALL: Suitable for birds weighing between 3.5 - 7 oz (100 - 200 grams), such as Quakers, Lories, Ringnecks, Meyer's, Caiques
- SMALL-MEDIUM: Suitable for birds weighing 3.5 - 10.6 oz (~200 - 300 grams). Designed for small to medium-sized birds, such as Mini-Macaws, Timneh or Maroon-tailed / Small African Greys, Greys, the largest Conure species (such as Queen of Bavaria's Conures or Golden Conures; Lesser Patagonians, and the largest Mitred / Red-headed Conures); Goffins Cockatoos, Jardines, Noble Macaws, Pionus Parrots, Green-cheek Amazon Parrots, Yellow Collared Macaws
- MEDIUM: Suitable for birds weighing 10.6 - 23 oz (300 - 650 grams), such as Yellow Naped Amazons, Galah Cockatoos, Congo or Red-tailed African Greys, Eclectus, Lesser Sulpher Crested Cockatoos, Chestnut-fronted Macaws, SMALLER to AVERAGE size Double-Yellow Amazon Parrots, SMALL to AVERAGE size Mealy Amazon Parrots (the largest would need a Large)
- LARGE: Suitable for birds weighing 23 - 46 oz (650+ - 1300 grams), such as Blue and Gold Macaws, Scarlet Macaws, Military Macaws,Greater Sulpher Crested Cockatoos, Umbrella Cockatoos, small to average size Palm Cockatoos, most Poultry
- X-LARGE: Suitable for birds weighing between 49 - 56 oz (1400 - 1600 grams) Hyacinths, Green Winged Macaws, Large Palm Cockatoos
FIT GUARANTEE! The manufacturer maintains a "Fit Guarantee" ... If the harness is too small or too large, they will exchange it for the right size. No fuss!
If you need assistance, please call us at 1-888-354-4666
- View Photos of African Grey Koko at an outing in beautiful Malaysia - safely wearing his bird harness harness