Doves and Pigeons found in Australia
- Bar-shouldered Dove (Geopelia humeralis)
- Brown Cuckoo-dove (Macropygia phasianella) - Range: Australia from Weipa and Aurukun in the north to Bega in the south and most inland at Atherton and Toowoomba
- Diamond Dove (Geopelia cuneata)
- Emerald Dove (Chalcophaps indica) - Range: Northern and eastern Australia
- Peaceful Dove (Geopelia placida)
- Rose-crowned Fruit Dove (Ptilinopus regina) - Range: Lowland rainforests of eastern Australia, and monsoon forests of northern Australia
- Superb Fruit Dove (Ptilinopus superbus) - Range: Found from southern New South Wales around the town of Moruya and extends further north, where it becomes more common to Cape York in Queensland.
- Wompoo Fruit Dove (Ptilinopus magnificus)
- Collared Imperial-pigeon (Ducula mullerii) - Range: Has been recorded from Boigu and Saibai Islands, Australian territory in northern Torres Strait
- Crested Pigeon (Ocyphaps lophotes) - Range: Mainland Australia
- Pied Imperial Pigeon (Ducula bicolor) - Range: Northern Australia
- Spinifex Pigeon (Geophaps plumifera)
- White-headed Pigeon (Columba leucomela)
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.