Doves and Pigeons found in Australia
- Bar-shouldered Dove (Geopelia humeralis)
- Brown Cuckoo-dove (Macropygia phasianella) - Range: Australia from Weipa and Aurukun in the north to Bega in the south and most inland at Atherton and Toowoomba
- Diamond Dove (Geopelia cuneata)
- Emerald Dove (Chalcophaps indica) - Range: Northern and eastern Australia
- Peaceful Dove (Geopelia placida)
- Rose-crowned Fruit Dove (Ptilinopus regina) - Range: Lowland rainforests of eastern Australia, and monsoon forests of northern Australia
- Superb Fruit Dove (Ptilinopus superbus) - Range: Found from southern New South Wales around the town of Moruya and extends further north, where it becomes more common to Cape York in Queensland.
- Wompoo Fruit Dove (Ptilinopus magnificus)
- Collared Imperial-pigeon (Ducula mullerii) - Range: Has been recorded from Boigu and Saibai Islands, Australian territory in northern Torres Strait
- Crested Pigeon (Ocyphaps lophotes) - Range: Mainland Australia
- Pied Imperial Pigeon (Ducula bicolor) - Range: Northern Australia
- Spinifex Pigeon (Geophaps plumifera)
- White-headed Pigeon (Columba leucomela)
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
BeautyOfBirds strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!