These babblers are social birds that are usually found in family groups and small flocks of up to about 20 individuals - typically foraging on the ground and loudly calling to one another. These opportunistic omnivores will feed on either meat or plant material.
Species of Pomatostomidae
- New Guinea Babbler, Pomatostomus isidorei
- Grey-crowned Babbler, Pomatostomus temporalis
- White-browed Babbler, Pomatostomus superciliosus
- Hall's Babbler, Pomatostomus halli
- Chestnut-crowned Babbler, Pomatostomus ruficeps
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
BeautyOfBirds strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!