The genus Astrapia (Vieillot, 1816) consists of five species of birds of paradise.
They are endemic to New Guinea.
The males have highly iridescent plumage and very long tails.
- Arfak Astrapia, Astrapia nigra
- Splendid Astrapia, Astrapia splendidissima
- Ribbon-tailed Astrapia, Astrapia mayeri
- Stephanie's Astrapia, Astrapia stephaniae
- Huon Astrapia, Astrapia rothschildi
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
BeautyOfBirds strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!