The genus Astrapia (Vieillot, 1816) consists of five species of birds of paradise.
They are endemic to New Guinea.
The males have highly iridescent plumage and very long tails.
- Arfak Astrapia, Astrapia nigra
- Splendid Astrapia, Astrapia splendidissima
- Ribbon-tailed Astrapia, Astrapia mayeri
- Stephanie's Astrapia, Astrapia stephaniae
- Huon Astrapia, Astrapia rothschildi
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.