The bird genus Loxigilla - the Antillean bullfinches - are members of the tanager family.
It contains the following species:
- Puerto Rican Bullfinch, Loxigilla portoricensis - Found in
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts Bullfinch, Loxigilla portoricensis grandis – extinct (1930)
- Greater Antillean Bullfinch, Loxigilla violacea - Found in the Bahamas, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, and Turks and Caicos Islands
- Lesser Antillean Bullfinch, Loxigilla noctis - Found in Saint Barth, Saint Martin, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, the British Virgin Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Barbados Bullfinch, Loxigilla barbadensis (formerly in L. noctis) - Found in the Caribbean island-nation of Barbados,
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
BeautyOfBirds strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!