Gallinule is a common name that refers the following rails, amongst others:
- Gough Island Moorhen, Gallinula comeri
- Common Moorhen, Gallinula chloropus
- Dusky Moorhen, Gallinula tenebrosa
- Lesser Moorhen, Gallinula angulata
- Spot-flanked Gallinule, Gallinula melanops
- Black-tailed Native-hen, Gallinula ventralis
- Tasmanian Native-hen, Gallinula mortierii
- Samoan Moorhen, Gallinulapacifica – sometimes placed in Pareudiastes, extinct (1907)?
- Makira Moorhen, Gallinula silvestris – sometimes placed in Pareudiastes or Edithornis, extinct (mid-20th century)?
- Tristan Moorhen, Gallinula nesiotis – extinct (late 19th century)
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
The Avianweb strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!